What to Expect
Tesla is looking for an individual experienced with calibration programs and technical quality processes to contribute to the Manufacturing teams at the Giga-Factory Austin, Texas location. As a Calibration Technician, you will be responsible for performing and supporting the daily operation of the calibration program. In this role, you will work within the Quality Systems organization providing support to the Production team.
What You'll Do
Execute the calibration program for a 24x7 manufacturing environment and associated practices for all inspection, test, and measuring equipment.
· Conduct the calibration, repair, diagnostics, and modification of industrial process control instrumentation.
· Introduction, identification, and control of all calibrated equipment.
· Spares management (ordering, tracking, stocking, replacement, backup levels).
· Create and sustain technical documentation and operational procedures.
· Identify and support the implementation of best practices to provide consistently high level of timely calibration services.
· Review calibration test results and certificates for accuracy.
· Train equipment owners in use of the calibration program.
· Communicate status of all calibrated equipment to equipment owners, including:
· TPM activity for all on-site tooling
· Tracking total cost of ownership for each tool.
· Alerting stakeholders of repeat tool failures.
· Collaborate with Quality, Process, Equipment, and Controls Engineering teams, supporting:
· Evaluation of new instrumentation and process control systems.
· Failure mode analyses
· Root cause analysis and mitigation
· Track all tools requiring special repair/calibration by external vendor:
· Schedule on-site and off-site calibrations.
· Create service contracts.
· Maintain documentation for continued certification and utilization of external calibration laboratories.
· Submit purchase orders. Track receipt and payment of services.
· Address issues that arise during calibration of equipment by external vendors.
· Area organization and housekeeping.
· Support the Company's mission, vision, values, and goals in performance of daily activities.
What You'll Bring
2+ years of experience in relevant calibration laboratories or quality operations positions.
· Knowledge and working experience of ISO 17025.
· Ability to perform Gage R&R and apply Statistical Process Control.
· Understanding and application of Control Plans.
· Able to read and interpret basic mechanical drawings and electrical schematics.
· Proven strong technical quality support of a manufacturing environment.
· Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
· Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize in highly dynamic production environment.
· Must possess excellent communication skills.
· Proficient in MS Office software (Word, Excel, Power Point).
· Associate Degree in Mechanical or Electrical, or technical certificate in similar field.
· Level 1/2 CMM operator
· 2+ years of experience in a manufacturing/industrial environment.
· Experience with calibration of electronic instrumentation, including HiPot testers, leak testers, resistance meters, and ground bond testers to industry standards.
· Skilled at troubleshooting electrical and/or mechanical issues.