What to Expect
As a Commercial Field Service Electrician, you will be empowered to work across the entire Tesla organization to problem solve and ensure our Commercial Fleet of products are operating at their best. Our Energy products are critical to accelerating the transition to a greener electricity network. In your day-to-day responsibilities you will diagnose, troubleshoot, and perform preventive and corrective maintenance services to Tesla's commercial products such as solar PV systems, energy storage, and electric vehicle charging stations. The focus of this role would primarily be solar PV systems. Are you a technician with a background in electricity and power? Do you want to be part of a fast-growing company and work with the newest technologies? Then Tesla is looking for you!
Please note: this position will require 100% travel and candidate should reside in contiguous United States (lower 48 states).
What You'll Do
· Perform all on-site technical activities related to repair and preventive maintenance of our Commercial Energy - PV fleet
· Troubleshoot and perform root-cause analysis both remotely and on-site
· Analyze recurring issues/trends from the fleet and provide feedback.
· Capable of training/mentoring others in the team as needed.
· Respond to corrective maintenance cases on all commercial energy products and updating online case logs accurately.
· Report writing, where required, to comply with deliverables in commercial O&M contracts.
· Respond to customers' concerns with the performance or functionality of their system.
What You'll Bring
· Minimum of 3 years of experience as an Electrician preferably in the Renewable Energy Field.
· Minimum 5 years maintenance or electrical experience
· Valid State Certified Electrician card (Joureyman/Masters)
· Minimum 2 years experience PV equipment and installation, preferable commercial or utility scale.
· A passion for renewable energy
· Extensive knowledge of electrical wiring and equipment
· Ability to read electrical plan sets and equipment manuals
· Previous experience working with power/hand tools, electrical equipment, and ability to navigate numerous computer applications and technology independently
· Strong computer skills
· Flexibility to work on weekends and/or overtime along with overnight stay to support Tesla's critical mission.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Must have excellent customer service skills
· Excellent attendance is crucial for the team to achieve success
· Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
· Ability to work in extreme environments (example: hot sun, cold, crawl spaces, etc.)
· Must be able to successfully pass pre-employment screening requirements
· Must have and maintain a valid driver's license and an acceptable and safe driving record
· Previous OSHA safety and heavy equipment training
· Certifications and/or previous training in renewable energy, solar electric design
· Understanding of equipment networking
· Capable of performing repetitious duties, including lifting, bending, twisting, pushing/pulling, and standing for long periods of time up to 12 hours a day
· Ability to work at great heights, work in extreme environments, perform prolonged periods of repetitious duties, lift at least 50 pounds frequently
· Position requires working at heights including on rooftops, climbing ladders and stairs
· Ability to find issues in a work process and receive safety signals using sight, touch, and hearing
· Work around confined spaces and manage chemicals.
· Wear required PPE, including but not limited to safety glasses, safety shoes, hard hats, hi-vis vest, and follow all environmental health and safety guidelines.