What to Expect
Tesla is looking for a Construction Cost Control Specialist to work on large scale ground-up Engineering-Procurement-Construction project that requires exceptional talent. The product portfolio is expanding with never-built-before production lines, and requirements demand cell production volume at a scale which was once thought to be impossible to reach. Our environment is fast- paced and incredibly exciting. Required commitment is that you bring in your passion for advancing energy sustainability, your desire to work on difficult problems pushing the limits, your willingness to value team success beyond your own, and your unwavering positive attitude towards sustained hard work.
This position will be directly responsible for working on cost management, cost analysis, cost reporting and benchmarking throughout the various project stages. In addition, this role will support the change management and risk management process for design and construction.
What You'll Do
Estimate planning: Construct the estimate plan including the breakdown of work into estimating packages, delegating estimating responsibility both internally and externally (to third-party estimating firms) as required and tracking progress against the plan Basis of Estimate: Develop and manage Basis of Estimate (BOE) document throughout the estimate lifecycle noting the scope, execution strategy, level of precision, key assumptions, exclusions, risks, and other critical information
Material Take Offs: Perform periodic material takeoffs from 2D drawings or 3D models to validate design and contractor proposed quantities
What You'll Bring
· 10+ years of experience in construction cost estimating and pre-construction services: preferably in industrial, manufacturing, and/or high-tech industries
· Experience working on $50m+ projects
· Comprehensive understanding of construction means and methods in the civil, structural, architectural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing disciplines
· Comprehensive understanding of cost estimating process and procedures
· Comprehensive understanding of Work Breakdown Structure and Project coding
· Capable of analyzing cost and schedule variances against the plan
· Advanced MS Excel and Monte Carlo modeling. Software systems and packages including Aconex, Oracle Unifier, P6, Power BI, Bluebeam, CAD, and other construction packages
· Knowledge of construction schedules and construction estimating resources such as R.S. Means and Equipment Watch
· Ability to direct and manage external cost estimating resources