This role will provide comprehensive directorial support to Proterra's Supply Chain team. The Director of strategic sourcing will be responsible for understanding the company-wide business needs, related to functional areas of spend in our business segments. This individual will bring deep expertise and insights across the value chain and supply base to translate the business requirements into effective future-fit procurement strategies. Key accountabilities include cost reduction, capacity, risk mitigation, and compliance. This role will be part of the Greenville based Supply Chain team that supports Proterra's Manufacturing and Engineering operation, and will report to the VP, Supply Chain Management.
About the Role – You Will:
• Deliver transformational sourcing strategies, operating models, and supplier relationships to redefine our procurement approach including a focus on Sustainability and Responsible Sourcing strategies
• Work with senior stakeholders to deliver complex globally led projects across multiple geographies.
• Deliver against financial targets and other KPIs (including value delivery) as per business plan objectives.
• Lead global supplier relationships and work with the team to implement strategy with critical suppliers.
• Lead the global supply chain team to inspire, develop, and support our people, deliver results, and create and promote a healthy business culture.
• Future proof the portfolio by driving strategic approaches, while building relationships to help manage selected portfolio and scope.
• Develops common processes and tools to manage the supply chain across the organization/
• Creates a global supply chain team to support Proterra enterprise business.
• Implements common procurement tools across all sites.
• Drives product costs reductions across the organization
• Implements a new product introduction process into the supply chain
• Drives improvement in environmental footprint throughout the supply base
• Drives delivery and quality performance of the supply chain
• Establish strategic objectives for the supply change organization with critical performance metrics.
• Monitor and report supply chain costs.
• Other duties as assigned.
About Our Group
• As strategic partners, the Supply Chain team strives to ensure that our values, culture and engagement always allow us to do great things for our company.
• We strive to provide the highest-level service and support to our clients each and every day.
• We work collaboratively to build strong relationships with our clients, partners, and own team.
• We treat each other with respect, and always try to have a little fun every day!
• This position will be part of the Greenville based Supply Chain team that supports Proterra's Manufacturing and Engineering operations.
• You will report to the VP, Supply Chain Management and collaborate with other Supply Chain team members located at our headquarters in Burlingame, CA and other manufacturing facility in Los Angeles, CA.
• Self-starter with the ability to adapt interpersonal styles and techniques to influence at all levels of the organization.
• Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion.
• Represent organization as a prime contact on projects. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, establish trust and credibility, and act with complete integrity.
• Detail-oriented, resourceful and diligent.
• Results-driven and assertive with strong analytical skills and excellent leadership and organizational skills.
• Sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent English, written and verbal, communication and presentation skills.
Your Experience Includes
• Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Operations Management or other related fields.
• 8+ years' experience in Operations and Material Planning, Inventory Management and SIOP.
• 5+ years' managerial experience.
• Understand the processes used to develop Sales and Operations plans.
• Effective structuring and use of Bill of Material, and critical data planning elements.
• Best-in-class techniques and practices of inventory management, including inventory levels of sub-assemblies.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
• Experience coordinating and running a Sales, Inventory, Operations Planning (SIOP) meeting.
• Experience conducting Rough Cut Capacity analysis.
• Experience user of ERP systems.
• Automotive industry experience not required but preferred.
• APICS certification (CPIM or CSCP), not required but preferred.
• Oracle experience not required but preferred.
Location : Greenville, SC
Travel : 0 - 10%
Proterra is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all Employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to, lactation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law or ordinance. Proterra participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program (E-Verify).