What to Expect
As we continue to scale, Tesla is looking for high potential leaders to streamline operations across functions
by building excellent teams and processes that support the customer journey end to end. The General
Manager ensures the success of the site by overseeing all sales and service operations. In this role, you are
responsible for leading cross-functional managers and establishing efficient, customer-centric processes to
help Tesla accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy.
What You'll Do
BUILDS EFFECTIVE TEAMS
• Hires an excellent team of strong and diverse leaders and takes personal responsibility for their
onboarding and continued development.
• Has consistent 1:1s with reports and creates a culture of regular coaching and feedback.
• Addresses low performance quickly and compassionately. Resolves all people and safety issues in a
timely and effective manner. Collaborates effectively with Human Resources and appropriate partners.
• Retains and develops top performers. Takes the time to understand individuals' motivations and actively
coaches towards development goals by providing actionable feedback. Multiplies the capabilities of
team members and unleashes the team's potential.
• Energizes others and builds a team culture of high performance and trust. Champions inclusion,
psychological safety, and courage. Creates an environment where all voices feel confident speaking up.
• Owns the customer journey from end to end and continually strives to improve customer happiness.
• Actively monitors customer service trends to make necessary improvements and coaches the team in
continuously improving communication, processes, and relationships to elevate the experience.
• Dynamic problem solver who tackles change by leading with the Why and inspiring buy-in and action.
• Allocates and shifts resources as needed based on business priorities and customer experience. Resilient
and calm under intense pressure.
• Coachable. Takes full ownership of personal development. Regularly solicits feedback from teammates
above, below, and adjacent, and demonstrates learning agility by making clear behavioral changes.
• Highly mission-driven and motivates others to see the big picture.
• Takes full responsibility for communicating business priorities to the team and stakeholders.
• Removes barriers and provides cover so team can execute against goals. Direct reports know what is
expected of them, and how their work ties into the broader team direction.
• Understands and owns every aspect of the site's performance. Sets targets, drives execution, and holds
the team accountable both for individual and team results. Drives standardization in alignment with
broader organizational goals.
What You'll Bring
• People-first leader who prioritizes team development
• Relentless drive for excellence; provides recognition and feedback daily
• Multiplier who elevates the thinking and output of everyone around them, while also making them feel
included and valued
• First-principles thinker who finds a creative path to solve previously unsolvable problems
• Exceptional integrity through dedicated and ethical approach to sales and service operations
• Commitment and enthusiasm to work evenings and weekends alongside the rest of the team
• M2 or M3 experience
• Ability to obtain appropriate state licensing, where applicable
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's Degree and/or equivalent experience leading an end-to-end customer-facing operation
• Experience leading large teams in a fast-paced environment
• Functional experience in roles supporting both Sales/acquisition of new customers and Service/support
of existing customers
• Demonstrated ability to inspire, influence, and hold teams accountable to achieve a common goal
• Experience leading teams and managing a diverse group of roles and responsibilities
• Must be able to stand or sit for 8 hours or more
• Occasional travel required for offsite meetings and events; normally less than 10% of the time
• As a full time Tesla employee you will receive full benefits from day 1 for you and your dependents.
• Kaiser and UnitedHealthcare PPO and HSA plans (including infertility coverage)
• 3 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution
• Vision & dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
• Company paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
• 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
• Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
• Back-up childcare and employee discounts