What to Expect
Tesla is looking for a Mobile Software Engineer to join our Automation Infotainment team. This team is focused on building, developing, and testing our Android and iOS mobile apps that allow users to view status and control various features of their Tesla products. You will help lead projects and work with other developers, product managers and designers to ensure we are delivering the best user experience when new features are added to the app. You will put on your customer hat while performing your day-to-day duties and make sure we provide the most awesome experience imaginable.
What You'll Do
· Software Development for both Android and iOS platforms.
· Develop automated test scripts that validate UI/UX functionality.
· Develop detailed test plans with cases that represent all customer use cases, edge cases and negative test cases.
· Work closely with developers, product management, and design team to ensure the app features provide a great experience and implemented to spec.
· Validate code changes by executing the test plans you created and perform regression testing on bug fixes.
· Investigate issues reported by customers in the field, internal test engineers, and your own testing.
· Drive and use our products daily and report bugs/UX issues.
What You'll Bring
BS in Computer Science, Physics, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or proof of exceptional skills in related fields or practical software engineering experience.
· Minimum 1+ year of software testing, automation development and/or QA Engineering experience (hiring all levels: Senior, Staff, Lead).
· 1+ year of experience developing/testing Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, cell connectivity or audio/video pipelines.
· Mobile/Web application development/testing experience (iOS and/or Android).
· Desire to work in a fast paced, demanding and highly collaborative environment.
· Strong experience with industry standard development and/or automation tools (Stash, JIRA, Jenkins, Git, Docker, etc).
· Familiarity with industry continuous integration concepts.
· Strong coding skills with one of the following: Swift, Objective-C, Python, C++, Java or Ruby.