What to Expect
The Tesla Energy Operations Team is a group of highly skilled, uniquely talented people passionate about working together towards the goal of accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. The primary role and responsibility of the General Manager will be to lead Tesla's provision of energy products and services at the office, or local, level. The General Manager will oversee the inventory, costs, and business planning for the office and to ensure the team is delivering to Tesla standards. The Regional Operations Manager will manage the office P&L and analyze all possible avenues for improvements to the overall quality, efficiency and effectiveness of the office, including but not limited to supervising and guiding the team.
What You'll Do
· Provide strategic leadership and foster excellence in Safety, Quality, Productivity across the organization.
· Demonstrating leadership by going first and leading from the front – hands- on with installation and Installation leadership
· Market level business planning including staffing levels, forecasting, backlog and P&L management.
· Meet or exceed Safety, Quality and Productivity targets.
· Deploy new products and processes.
· Collaborate and drive initiatives cross functionally to achieve business outcome.
· Represent Tesla in a professional and responsible manner when communicating with others both inside and outside the company.
· Participate in recruiting, onboarding and training of new team members.
What You'll Bring
· Construction management experience is preferred
· Familiarity with solar and storage products preferred
· Background in being a hands-on leader
· Must be adaptable to change and work well under pressure, manage competing demands and meet tight deadlines with strong follow through and decision- making skills
· Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with those contacted in the course of work, including but not limited to peers and customers.
· Proficient using Microsoft Office, Google Earth, and customer account management software
· Physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
· Ability to travel overnight for more than 60% of the time, depending on region
· Candidates must successfully complete and pass MVR background check