What to Expect
Tesla Gigafactory Nevada Construction organization is seeking a seasoned Planner/Scheduler with construction experience to support the expansion and upgrades of Gigafactory infrastructure. This position will be directly responsible for planning and scheduling projects in various project phases, as well as tracking and reporting progress during execution. Qualified individual is expected to have strong drive to bring multiple functions together towards establishing a roadmap for execution and maintaining it with frequent updates.
What You'll Do
· Planning: Lead site infrastructure planning efforts including the breakdown of various projects such as site work, building, utilities, and tooling, into manageable planning and scheduling packages. Work with product, program, design, procurement and construction managers to define and plan the work, manage internal and external (third-party firms) planning resources, and track and report progress. Monitor facility progress and turnover dates against key production milestones.
· Conceptual to Detailed Plan Development: Lead the schedule development lifecycle from conceptual project planning through detailed, execution scheduling. Conduct periodic planning meetings align the plan with the execution strategy. Work closely with key stakeholders including engineering, procurement, estimating, and construction management to properly sequence the work, assess durations, and enhance the overall quality and accuracy of the plan.
· Scheduling: Utilize Oracle Primavera P6 to schedule projects in accordance with both company and professional quality standards. Resource load schedules, level, and confirm reasonableness of contractor durations and ramp plans. Ensure schedule has complete scope coverage, identify potential scope growth, and ensure allowances and contingencies are appropriately used. Utilize industry benchmarks and internal historical durations to validate the quality of the overall schedule.
· Risk Assessment: Work with key stakeholders to identify schedule risks and lead the schedule contingency development process.
· Quality Reviews: Perform quality reviews over work prepared and submitted by others to ensure completeness and accuracy.
· System and Process Development: Support the continued development of scheduling system, its ongoing administration, processes, and templates. Develop scheduling metrics, and benchmarks that allow for the standardization of durations used by various stakeholders for planning in early design stages.
· Studies: Lead ad-hoc schedule studies that enable rapid decision-making based on tradeoffs between alternatives.
What You'll Bring
· BS in Engineering, Construction, Construction Management, or other relevant areas (with equivalent experience).
· 5 to 10 years of experience in construction planning and scheduling preferably in industrial and/or high-tech industries.
· Comprehensive understanding of construction means and methods in the civil, structural, architectural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing disciplines.
· Comprehensive understanding of planning and scheduling processes and procedures for multi-billion dollar facilities.
· Ability to lead planning and progressing meetings with a variety functions, disciplines, and trades.
· Software systems and packages including Aconex, Oracle Unifer, Bluebeam, CAD, and other construction packages.
· Advanced Oracle Primavera P6 experience.
· Knowledge of earned value concepts and using construction resources such as R.S. Means to validate productivity and durations.
· Ability to direct and manage both internal and external scheduling resources