What to Expect
Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around August or September 2023 and continue through the entire Fall term (i.e. through December) or into Winter/Spring 2024 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, in-person. Please consider before submitting an application.
International Students: If your work authorization is through CPT, please consult your school on your ability to work 40 hours per week before applying. Again, please do not apply until you know you can work 40 hours per week. Many students will be limited to part-time during the academic year.
Internship Program at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize and develop emerging talent. Our year-round program places the best students in positions where they will grow technically, professionally, and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows the intern to experience life at Tesla by including them in projects that are critical to their team's success.
Tesla, Inc. is seeking an to join the Service Campaigns & Compliance team to support the development of best-in-class processes and systems supporting Global Service Operations with service campaign execution, policy enhancement/enforcement, and regulatory reporting.
In this role, you will work with some of the brightest minds across Tesla to continuously improve on vehicle reliability, service operations, and most importantly, customer satisfaction. The Service Campaigns and Compliance Intern will play an integral part in scaling this team's ability to support Tesla Service with its rapidly expanding customer fleet, current and upcoming manufacturing plants, and new product launches.
The ideal candidate possesses intellectual curiosity and the ability to learn, adapt, and synthesize information quickly to develop a solid understanding of business processes and operations. You should be a problem solver who can work well with different stakeholders across Tesla, be able to prioritize multiple, concurrent projects, and keep organized in a fast-paced corporate environment.
What You'll Do
· Help scale the Service Campaign framework to support the Tesla Semi Program and align with existing consumer vehicle processes, systems, and tools
· Coordinate multiple service campaigns end-to-end from initial intake to tracking progress of required components to campaign launch/execution
· Identify process and system improvement opportunities to scale this team's ability to support Tesla Service as it continually evolves to meet current and future business needs
· Own the development of our internal “team handbook”, including an inventory of our business-critical policies and procedures, status trackers for key projects/initiatives, and onboarding guide
· Collaborate with teams across Tesla, including engineering, product management, software development, and field service teams, to successfully implement improvement opportunities
What You'll Bring
· Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in a business, engineering, or related discipline
· Proficiency with one or more productivity software suites, e.g., Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint), Atlassian (Jira, Confluence), etc.; experience with data visualization or querying languages, a plus (Tableau, SQL, etc.)
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Willingness to work on multiple projects/workstreams simultaneously in an extremely fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
· Acute attention to detail, strong work ethic, and a sense of urgency
· Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and exercise sound business judgment