What to Expect
Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around August 2023 and continue through the entire Fall term (i.e. through December) or into Spring 2024 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships. Please consider before submitting an application.
International Students: If your work authorization is through CPT, please consult your school on your ability to work 40 hours per week before applying. Again, please do not apply until you know you can work 40 hours per week. Many students will be limited to part-time during the academic year.
Internship Program at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year-round program places the best students in positions where they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their manager, mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by giving them projects that are critical to their team's success.
About the team
The Tesla Energy Industrial Storage Service Engineering team is responsible for diagnosing and resolving product issues and escalations from Field Service teams to drive the best customer experience and fleet availability. In this internship you will identify and help resolve fleet-wide performance, operation, and maintenance challenges across the growing fleet of energy products by creating analytics that provide insights to drive action to maintain and improve the fleet.
What You'll Do
• Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, and firmware issues that cause downtime for Tesla's Industrial Storage customers.
• Define the actions that need to be taken by the field service and technical support teams when a specific failure mode occurs, publish those actions in Tesla's Service tools, and develop any specialized training required to complete those actions
• Provide support on escalated customer cases from around the world in order to minimize system downtime for Tesla's customers.
• Work with field service and technical support teams to create the documentation and training necessary to commission, operate, repair, and service Tesla's Industrial Storage products installed globally.
What You'll Bring
• Currently working towards a degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or relevant program or equivalent practical experience in product development, reliability engineering, failure analysis, systems test engineering, product quality, or service engineering
• Strong engineering fundamentals and intuition, applied to firmware/software- enabled systems • Remain engaged, proactive, and positive while solving very challenging problems Desired Competencies
• Experience with battery systems and power systems
• Experience using Python or equivalent for data analysis on very large databases
• Knowledge of CAN Bus communication
• Experience with developing, managing or maintaining equipment running Linux based applications