What to Expect
At Tesla, our Service Managers are the front-line leaders of our Service operation. They act as brand ambassadors, delivering an exceptional experience to customers, managing day-to-day operations as well as proactively developing team members to reach their full potential.
We hire leaders who want to run a service business and be a part of our critical mission to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy.
Our Service Managers consistently deliver excellent results across all aspects of the business; customer satisfaction; people leadership; operations; and financials. To succeed at Tesla, you must be energetic, highly organized, and smart working as well as having a passion for true leadership and our brand.
What You'll Do
· Customer focused: Our customers are changing the world, and it is your responsibility to exceed their expectations of what a service experience should be. We expect you to go above and beyond for our customers. You will actively monitor customer service trends to make necessary improvements, and assist your team in developing appropriate standards and processes to continuously elevate the overall service experience.
· People: Our Service Managers lead by example. We expect you to put your team's success before your own, and actively involve yourself in your team members' growth and development. Your team will look to you to set the standard for open communication, active problem solving, and a positive work environment. We will look to you to build a team of top talent and mentor the next generation of Tesla leaders. Our Service Managers are the coaches of their teams – you must provide regular coaching and feedback, and have a deep knowledge of your team's strengths and opportunities. You will be responsible for leading change and inspiring your team every day.
· Operational excellence: As a Service Manager, you must understand and own every aspect of your service center's performance. You will be responsible for driving continuous improvements to facilitate exceptional team output and customer service. We expect you to champion safety, efficiency, quality, and overall excellence in all of your actions and decisions.
· Financials: Service Managers are expected to understand our business, know their numbers and lead the center's daily operations to achieve specific goals in productivity, quality, output, cost as well as revenue / margin where applicable.
· Our Service Managers act in the best interest of Tesla at all times. You must have a passion for our mission, our people, and our customers.
· Technical acumen is required – you must develop a knowledge of all Tesla products, as well as Service systems, processes, and procedures.
· Attitude and approach is everything. You must:
· Be a leader and a team-player.
· Love to change the status quo and work well in high-pressure situations. Exceptional prioritization and time management skills are essential for success.
· Be strategic and proactive. You must think and plan ahead to give your team the tools they need to be successful.
· Be self-aware, flexible and open-minded.
· Possess a rare combination of analytical thinking, hands-on problem solving, and a customer-service mindset.
· Be an advocate for your customers and your team. Your success depends on theirs.
What You'll Bring
· Educational experience: Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience.
· Professional experience: Prior leadership experience in a service-focused industry. Automotive expertise is not required.
· Leadership experience: Experience leading teams and managing a diverse group of roles and responsibilities.
· Process / operations experience: strong and proven experience leading field, technical repair or manufacturing teams in a fast-paced, technology-driven environment with strong customer facing responsibilities. Experience running complex processes using Lean or other techniques.
· Full benefits from day 1 for you and your eligible dependents
· Aetna PPO and HSA plans (including infertility and transgender coverage)
· 2 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution
· Vision & dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
· Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
· Company Paid HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Medical Plan with HSA
· Company paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
· 401(k) match, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
· Employee Assistance Program, Sick and Vacation time (Flex Time for salary positions), and Paid Holidays
· Back-up childcare and employee discounts
· Voluntary plans such as critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, and pet insurance
· Voluntary Identity Theft and Legal Services plans
· Adoption and surrogacy benefits