What to Expect
As a Tesla Sprinkler Fitter, you will be responsible for reading prints, organizing and installing pipe, fittings, valves and hangers in our state of the art manufacturing facilities. You will be tasked with providing inspection, testing and preventive maintenance service for fire sprinkler equipment.
What You'll Do
· Cut, thread, and groove pipe
· Ability to determine correct sizes of pipe and other materials for job.
· Assemble and install a variety of metal and non-metal pipes, tubes and fittings to include but not limited to iron, steel.
· Connect pipes using threaded, grooved or cemented joints. Secure pipes to structure with brackets, clamps and hangers
· Weld pipe supports to structural steel
· Operate machinery required for system installation and service
· Ability to read and decipher blueprints
· Working knowledge of wet, dry, pre-action, deluge, water mist, and foam
· Work in compliance with the company's safety manual with safety of self and others in mind at all times
· Reading and interpreting blueprints, specifications, and other materials to determine job requirements.
· Performing Test and Inspection and Service requests on Fire Sprinkler systems from wet. Systems, dry systems to pre-action systems.
· Complete other duties as assigned/support cross functional teams.
What You'll Bring
· Maintain company vehicles, equipment and appropriate inventory levels for projects
· Comfortable with heights and working on ladders or lifts
· Ability to read and comprehend NFPA 13, 14, 17, 20 and 25, etc.
· Able to work overtime if required with short notice.
· Willingness to travel
· Able to work alternative shifts or weekends from time to time to meet job requirements.
· State of Nevada Fire Marshal G-Card Licensing.
· Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.