What to Expect
Tesla is seeking a highly motivated and deeply process oriented Sr Logistics Analyst to join our growing supply chain team. In this role, you will lead a team to support Tesla's Vehicle Service and Energy distribution center. The ideal candidate should have strong problem-solving skills, ability to collaborate cross-functionally and willingness to go the extra mile to make things happen. This role requires perfect coordination with carriers and Tesla warehouses to maintain a smooth flow of inbound material and outbound shipments to ensure excellent customer satisfaction. The individual needs to be comfortable working independently in a highly fast-paced environment and making sound decisions in short notice.
What You'll Do
Lead a local team that supports Regional Distribution Center for Service and Energy network.
· Coordinate and direct milk runs with internal drivers, dedicated external fleets or partners, identifying opportunities to reduce cost by consolidating material from different routes into one.
· Monitor fleet and assign pick-ups based on driver locations, understanding how the dedicated network works and driving improvements to achieve efficiencies related to cost reduction and less resources utilized.
· Design and coordinate reverse logistics processes and operations to ensure the highest utilization of the fleet.
· Track routes for efficiency and log operational improvements implemented for later reporting to finance and leadership.
· Train teams on best practices and implement and operate a unified distribution handbook.
· Maintain close communication with carriers and report incidents, and track KPI's during OIL calls with carriers, collaborating on process improvement initiatives and systematic enhancements.
· Define key performance indicators to track process operational performance and apply data mining, analysis, and visualization for KPI reporting.
· Hands-on leader in critical situations; must personally engage around urgent shipments.
· Negotiate spot and transactional business with carriers and monitor performance in collaboration with procurement. Also provide input, such as volume forecast, carrier scorecard, customer service performance, to start RFQ/RFP processes in partnership with procurement.
· Work cross-functionally with other organizations to meet key business goals and drive operational excellence.
What You'll Bring
· Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain or equivalent experience and exceptional ability.
· Minimum 5 years of professional experience in Logistics or transportation; at least 1-2 years in people leadership position.
· Desire to grow and take on increased scope of responsibility.
· Knowledge of ERP systems, TMS included, and ability to identify gaps and work with the systems teams and leaders to introduce new functionalities that optimizes the process.
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to evaluate and analyze data to enable operational decision-making or present clear recommendations to leadership.
· Knowledge of freight forwarding terms, standards and Incoterms, and Dangerous Goods.
· Knowledge of SQL and Tableau, preferred.
· Proven record of successfully implementing process improvement initiatives, including cost reduction and operational efficiency gains.