Canoo's mission is to bring EVs to Everyone and build a world-class team to deploy this sustainable mobility revolution. We have developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with pioneering technologies, award-winning designs, and a unique business model that spans all owners in the full lifecycle of the vehicle. Canoo is starting production and is distinguished by its pioneering and experienced team of technologists, engineers, and designers. With offices around the country, the company is scaling quickly and seeking candidates who love to challenge themselves, are motivated by purpose, and possess a strong desire to get things done.
The “Canoo Way”
Canoo's success is the direct result of our disciplined application of our core operating principles and drills, which are based on three main principles: Think 80/20 (“Important versus less important”), Act 30/30 (“Reduce waste and increase output”), and Live 90/10 (“We have each other's back”). We hire based on “MET” - Mindset, Equipment, and willingness to Train - and seek individuals that take accountability and deliver results while being Humble, Hungry to succeed, and Hunting for opportunities to win. We train our team to engage with each other by modulating between their intellect (iQ) and emotional intelligence (eQ), applying Facts, Finesse, and Force when they communicate. The principles and drills of the CANOO Way have been fundamental to our success, our ability to grow, continuously improve, and innovate are at the core of our day-to-day operations.Overview
The BIW (Body-in-White) Weld Engineer, you will play a crucial role in the automotive manufacturing process, specifically responsible for welding and joining aspects of body structures. You will be responsible for designing, developing, integrating and troubleshooting weld processes to ensure the production of high-quality products that meet industry standards and safety regulations. This role involves collaborating with cross-functional teams, including design engineers, manufacturing personnel, and quality assurance teams, to achieve efficient, reliable and cost-effective welding solutions.Responsibilities
· Develop and implement joining processes for body-in-white structures using various welding methods such as resistance spot welding, laser welding, MIG welding, or other relevant techniques.
· Conduct feasibility studies and evaluate welding equipment and technologies to determine the most suitable processes for specific applications.
· Troubleshoot welding-related issues and implement corrective actions to prevent defects and ensure consistent weld quality.
· Work closely with manufacturing engineers to provide input and recommendations for feasible designs that facilitate efficient and robust welding operations.
· Participate in design reviews to ensure weldability considerations are integrated into the product development process.
· Develop and qualify welding procedures, including weld parameters and specifications, in compliance with relevant industry standards.
· Collaborate with the quality assurance team to establish weld inspection methods, ensuring compliance with internal and external quality standards.
· Maintain detailed documentation of welding processes, including weld logs, technical reports, and project status updates.
· Prepare regular reports on welding process performance, improvements, and key performance indicators (KPIs) for management reviewQualifications
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in welding, mechanical, manufacturing engineering, or a related field
· At least 5+ years of experience in the automotive or similar industry.
· 3+ years of experience directly dealing with BIW welding processes and techniques.
· In-depth knowledge of various welding methods, materials, and their applications
· Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment and manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Knowledge of BIW manufacturing processes and equipment and assembly flow.
· Ability to read and interpret system layouts, engineering drawings, and specifications.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word ,Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
· Willingness to travel as required up to 25% of the time
· 8+ years of experience in the automotive or similar industry. 5+ years of which in a technical engineering role
· Proficiency in welding tools and software. (WTC, Rexroth, Fronius, etc.)
· Self-starter mentalitWhat's Cool About Working Here...
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.
Canoo maintains compliance with the OFCCP. As such, please feel free to review the following information:
https: // www. dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters
https: // www. dol.gov/agencies/olms/poster/labor-rights-federal-contractors
If you are a person with a disability needing assistance with the application process, please call (310) 702-7907 or email us at [email protected]